Parks, Recreation & Arts
COVID-19 & Our Department
- The playground at Schroeder Park is open. Please follow social distancing guidelines. We have a couple NEW water fountains with bottle fillers so we encourage you to bring reusable water bottles!
- The other playgrounds continue to be closed until further notice, drinking fountains and restrooms are open.
- The Aquatic Center will not be opening the Summer 2020.
- Outdoor Pavilion capacity limits have been lifted, but please continue to practice social distancing.
- Indoor Building rental capacity limits have been raised to 50% capacity, but please continue to practice social distancing.
Welcome to the Parks, Recreation, and Arts Department! Here in Manchester we believe offering quality parks, programs, and events is vital to the health of the community. As such, we strive to provide the very best for residents of Manchester and nearby communities. We encourage you to visit our Aquatic Center, drop by a concert, join a class, pickup a game of disc golf, or just enjoy some time outside.
Please feel free to browse our website which lists all of our events for either Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter, or check out the information below. We also offer online registration - click the button below to view our catalog of upcoming events and to register! Our 2020 Fall Program Guide will be published by August 1st.
Park Hours and Rules
All city parks are open from dawn until dusk with the exception of our courts in Schroeder Park, which are open until 10 p.m.
Manchester offers several options to reserve space in our parks. We have five pavilions, four fields, and indoor multipurpose rooms available. Please visit our Facility Rentals page for more information.
The Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a number of community events, including Manchester Homecoming, Halloween Festival, and Santa’s Breakfast. These events have grown in popularity over the years, and an active and enthusiastic volunteer corps supplements city resources in making these events successful.
Manchester Aquatic Center
The Parks and Recreation Department also operates the Manchester Aquatic Center, a seasonal facility. The department offers a wide variety of activities at the facility, including swimming lessons, exercise classes, swim team, and special family events. The Manchester Aquatic Center is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.