New Business Checklist
- Contact Planning & Zoning to ensure your chosen property’s zoning allows for the use you are proposing for your business.
- Obtain any building permits necessary for construction or renovations.
- Apply for and obtain an inspection for Commercial Occupancy of your building or unit.
- Obtain a fire inspection from the local fire district.
- Apply for a Manchester Business License by filling out the proper application, submitting requested documentation and providing the Commercial Occupancy Permit.
Some types of businesses may require additional steps or permits. If there are any questions about the business licensing process please contact the Finance Department at 636-227-1385, ext. 103 or ext. 105.
Business License Updates for 2020
Business Licensing in the City of Manchester is required annually. The licensing year is from May 1, 2021-April 30, 2022. Renewal packets will be mailed out in March 2021. The renewal period is from March 15, 2021 to April 15, 2021.
The list of items required for a business license renewal with the City has not changed. The City will continue to accept applications at the front counter in City Hall, but they will not be processed on the same day. All completed applications will be processed within three business days. The wait time will not have any effect on your current license.
If you have any questions please contact Donald Yucuis, Director of Finance at (636) 227-1385 x 103 or Shawn Sieve, Accountant at (636) 227-1385 x 105.
We appreciate the business you bring to the City of Manchester. Thank you.