Occupancy Permit Information

Manchester’s Occupancy Program for Home Sale and Occupant Change

When are inspections required?

A municipal inspection is required with any change of ownership or occupant. The Occupancy Permit must be obtained prior to occupancy.

Check here for guidelines to Manchester’s municipal inspections.

Steps to your Occupancy Permit:

  1. Apply and pay for the Single Family Inspection.
    During St. Louis County’s stay-at-home order you can submit the Single Family Exterior Inspection Application.
  2. Schedule a municipal inspection with City staff.
  3. After inspection is passed, new occupants will submit the Single Family Occupancy Permit Application to City Hall. 
  4. Move in to Manchester!

If you have any questions, we are happy to guide you through the process. Please feel free to contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 636.227.1385 ext. 118.