COVID-19 & Our Department
Please visit our COVID-19 Information & Updates page for the following:
- Daily COVID-19 updates from St. Louis County
- A list of COVID-19 City Cancellations
- A list of Community Resources
- A list of Manchester Department Updates
- Additional information & resources regarding COVID-19
On May 4, the City of Manchester Board of Alderman voted on a number of closures and cancellations in the City’s planned summer programming. While Manchester wants to offer as many opportunities for the community as possible, the City believes ensuring financial stability for the City, complying with State and County laws, and prioritizing the safety of patrons and staff are of the highest priority. Please click here for the full Press Release.
The City of Manchester has chosen to cancel the following events and close the following facilities:
- May Adult Dance class - May 21st
- The Manchester Aquatic Center will not open May 23rd
- The closure of the Aquatic Center means the cancellation of all swim lessons, swim team meets, Friday night family swims, tot time, channel walking, and aqua aerobics classes.
- Mirage summer concert - June 5th
- Woven Worx art exhibit - June 12th
- Community Band concert - June 14th
- Night Waves - June 18th
- Luau at the Pool - June 20th
- Fourth of July Celebration fireworks - July 4th
- Butchwax and the Hollywoods concert - July 4th
- Manchester Community Band concert - July 12th
- Dive & Jive and Toy Story 4 showing - July 24th
- Tons of Trucks - July 30th
- P.O.P. at the Pool - August 1st
- Trilogy summer concert - August 7th
- ArtsFest & Community Band concert - August 9th
- Family Movie Night in the Park: Star Wars movie showing - August 21st
The City of Manchester plans to offer the following events with modifications:
- Memorial Day Ceremony - May 25th
- Adventure Pursuits Camp - June 1st - 5th
- Sports Camp-Olympic Edition - June 8th - 12th
- Margarita Glass Painting - June 9th
- Day Camp session 1 - June 15th - 26th
- Lily Pad Canvas Paint - June 23rd
- Snores and S’mores camp out - Rescheduled for July 24th
- Beerfest - Rescheduled for July 11th
- Beer Glass Painting - July 14th
- Underground Explorers with Mad Science - July 27th - 31st
- Manchester Makers Art Camp - July 27th - 31st
- Mother/Daugher Paint Night - July 29th
- Lego Camp-Minecraft - August 10th - 14th
- Lego Camp-Ninjago - August 10th - 14th
- Iris Folding Tulip Class - August 19th
Following St. Louis County Executive Orders:
- All playgrounds, public restrooms, and drinking fountains in Manchester parks are closed until further notice.
- All programs, classes, and events through May 30th have also been cancelled.
- The Manchester Parks, Recreation, & Arts office is also closed to the public until further notice.
Looking for Things to Do?
We can keep you busy for sure! In addition to keeping some of our original programs, please look at the menu on the Left side of this page- all activities in ALL CAPITAL letters are new and offered during this quarantine time or visit our social media by clicking on the name here: | |
We’re Here for You!
Although our Parks employees are not currently IN the office, they are still here for you. They are working remotely and have regular access to email and check voice mail daily.
- Becky Jones - Office Manager
- 636-391-6326 ext. 400
- Rebecca Pate - Arts and Recreation Specialist
- 636-391-6326 ext. 402
- Stephanie Hardesty - Recreation Supervisor & Assistant Director
- 636-391-6326 ext. 401
- Ellie Schmidt - Communications Specialist
- 636-391-6326 ext. 425
- Kathryn Schien - Director of Parks, Recreation, & Arts
- 636-391-6326 ext. 404
Welcome to the Parks, Recreation, and Arts Department! Here in Manchester we believe offering quality parks, programs, and events is vital to the health of the community. As such, we strive to provide the very best for residents of Manchester and nearby communities. We encourage you to visit our Aquatic Center, drop by a concert, join a class, pickup a game of disc golf, or just enjoy some time outside.
Please feel free to browse our 2020 Spring & Summer Program Guide, which lists all of our events for either Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter, or check out the information below. We also offer online registration - click the button below to view our catalog of upcoming events and to register! Our 2019 Fall Program Guide will be published by August 1st.
Park Hours and Rules
All city parks are open from dawn until dusk with the exception of our courts in Schroeder Park, which are open until 10 p.m.
Manchester offers several options to reserve space in our parks. We have five pavilions, four fields, and indoor multipurpose rooms available. Please visit our Facility Rentals page for more information.
The Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a number of community events, including Manchester Homecoming, Halloween Festival, and Santa’s Breakfast. These events have grown in popularity over the years, and an active and enthusiastic volunteer corps supplements city resources in making these events successful.
Manchester Aquatic Center
The Parks and Recreation Department also operates the Manchester Aquatic Center, a seasonal facility. The department offers a wide variety of activities at the facility, including swimming lessons, exercise classes, swim team, and special family events. The Manchester Aquatic Center is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.