- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Thursday of every month
- When there are cases to be heard
- Applications must be submitted 20 business days in advance of the meeting date.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial legislative body within the City government that has the powers to:
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of these Sections or of any ordinance adopted pursuant thereto
- To hear and decide all matters referred to it or upon which it is required to pass under such ordinance
- In passing upon appeals, where there are practical difficulties or unnecessary hardship in the way of carrying out the strict letter of such ordinance, to vary or modify the application of any of the regulations or provisions of such ordinance relating to the use, construction or alteration of buildings or structures or the use of land so that the spirit of the ordinance shall be observed, public safety and welfare secured and substantial justice done
In exercising the mentioned powers, such Board may reverse or affirm, wholly or partly, or may modify the order, requirement, decision or determination appealed from and may make such order, requirement, decision or determination as ought to be made and to that end shall have all the powers of the officer from whom the appeal is taken. The concurring vote of 4 members of the Board shall be necessary to reverse any order, requirement, decision or determination of any such administrative official, or to decide in favor of the applicant on any matter upon which it is required to pass under any such ordinance or to effect any variation in such ordinance.