- Public Works
- Electronics/Metal Recycling
Funded by a grant from Saint Louis County Department of Public Health utilizing County Landfill surcharge funds.
DROPOFF EVENT GUIDELINES
Where: Paul A. Schroeder Park, 359 Old Meramec Station Road, Manchester MO 63021
When: Third Saturday of each odd-numbered month, 8 A.M. to 11 A.M.
During these events the City of Manchester will be collecting for the Circle of Concern Food Pantry. Please bring bring two or more can goods/non-perishable food items or a monetary contribution to donate to assist local families in need.
Vendor: Midwest Recycling Center (MRC)
The City of Manchester provides a site for MRC to conduct a collection event. MRC sets the guidelines and fees and provides the collection service. Questions concerning the program should be directed to MRC at 636-223-0150.
*At the 1/21/23, 3/18/23, & 5/20/23 Events Residents of St. Louis County Can recycle up two TV's, Two CRT computer monitors and two freon containing units free of charge! Thanks to a St. Louis County Department of Public Health Waste Reduction Grant awarded to the City.
MRC accepts a variety of items for recycling including but not limited to:
- TVs & CRT monitors (MRC has set the following fees regarding TVs and CRT monitors. Due to ongoing changes in this recycling market, these fees are subject to change with little or no notice) These prices are for non-grant funded events.
- CRT Monitors - $5.00 each
- CRT TV’s 26” or less - $30.00 each
- CRT TV’s 27” or greater - $50.00 each
- Wood Console & True Big Screen/Projection TV’s - $50.00 each
- LED/LCD/Plasma TV’s - $20.00 each
- All computer equipment, accessories, and cables.
- Medical, dental, and laboratory equipment – no biohazards!
- All telephones, cell phones, PDA’s, digital cameras, and related items.
- Batteries (except alkaline batteries).
- All appliances - small and large (freon containing unit fee - $10.00 each).
- AV equipment, speakers, etc.
- All scrap metal and metal containing items.
- Metal office furniture and equipment.
- Lawn and garden equipment (gas and oil must be drained prior to dropping off)
The following items are not accepted:
VHS tapes, data tapes, floppy disks, capacitors or ballasts that are not clearly marked as saying "No PCB's, thermostats, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, medical waste of any kind, gas containers such as freon, oxygen, nitrous oxide, anything leaking oil or acid such as cracked batteries, broken ink cartridges that are leaking powder or liquid, alkaline batteries, exit signs, broken CRT TV's and monitors, CD's/DVD’s, hazardous materials, and smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- A collection event may be canceled if snow, icy, or severe weather conditions are present or forecasted or if a conflict occurs with a Schroeder Park activity. Information about a cancellation will be posted on the City’s website, www.manchestermo.gov, as soon as it is available. Canceled events will not be re-scheduled with collection resuming with the next regularly scheduled event.
- Qualifying items will only be accepted at the Schroeder Park drop off site during the established time period. Dropping off any items prior to or after a scheduled event time is prohibited.
- MRC reserves the right to refuse any item for any reason.
- Participants are to remain in their vehicle and in line. Items being dropped off will be removed from the vehicle by MRC staff. Participants are not to hand carry an item or items to the drop off point.
- Payment of noted fees may be made by cash or check only.